Roasted Tofu Caprese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus more to drizzle
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more to drizzle
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary,
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 container best quality extra firm tofu, squeezed dry between paper towels and cubed
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 1 head leafy lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 rounds of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
Whisk together balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic cloves, oregano, rosemary, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add tofu and marinate.
Preheat oven to 375°.Using a slotted spoon, remove the tofu from the marinade and place on a rimmed baking sheet along with the container of grape tomatoes, sprayed with olive oil nonstick spray and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning tofu occasionally.
Meanwhile, plate the greens and the mozzarella topping with a nice drizzle of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange the tofu and tomatoes on top and finally add some torn basil.