I needed an inexpensive way to make 10 gifts. I decided to do 10 sets of cards, but realized that it would become expensive if I were to use lots of embellishments and layers. It dawned on me that I could use an iron-on fusible webbing with fabric and paper to make cards. I went with a silhouette look that is simple and nice.
1. Trace three simple shapes onto template plastic. I chose designs from my quilting motifs books.
2. Fuse fabric to Steam-A-Seam or similar product.
3. Trace shapes onto Steam-A-Seam.
4. Cut out shapes with sharp scissors.
5. Fuse shapes onto card bases.
It was a pretty easy project and a fun way to use up some fabric scraps.